Why choose us
In addition to providing a lovely, homely atmosphere for our residents, we also offer many other amenities and activities.
The aim of the management and staff is to give attention to detail where residents can choose how they live their life. The philosophy of the home is to offer highly professional care with a personal touch in a secure, relaxed and homely environment.
1. Our Beautiful Home
- Our home is a magnificent grade II listed building standing in its well-maintained grounds.
- It is a spacious home with 24 rooms, one being a double room; all rooms have en-suite facilities. All rooms are tastefully decorated and spread over two levels – first-floor access is via the lift.
- We have multiple communal living rooms, a dining area as well as extensive garden areas for residents to enjoy.
- We have an extensive decking area at the side of the building, which is very popular when the sun shines.
- Our philosophy is to offer highly professional care with a personal touch in a relaxed homely environment and to give attention to detail where residents can choose how they live their lives.
- On the ground floor, we have a spacious visitors lounge/quiet room which has all its original features. It is tastefully decorated and has large comfortable sofas.
- We also have two more comfortable, spacious lounges solely for the residents.
- Meals are served in the spacious dining room, with snacks and refreshments available throughout the day.
- We have two very experienced chefs who produce a mixed choice of tasty home-cooked well balanced nutritional meals. The menu is planned to meet the dietary needs and preferences of the residents.
- We have a very loyal, dedicated and experienced care team who have been together for many years; they aim to provide and deliver good quality person-centred care.
- We have a very low staff turnover due to our robust recruitment procedure. Ashley Lodge is an equal opportunities employer.
- The majority of staff have QCF level 2 in health and social care. Our senior members of the team have QCF level 3 or higher. Staff undertake regular ongoing training to ensure their skills and knowledge is updated to ensure the care provided is of a high standard.
- We have two domestic staff who keep the home at a very high standard of cleanliness. John is our full-time maintenance man who ensures the home is safe and fully maintained at all times.
- Activities are planned, and every effort is made to cater to individuals wants and needs, with our activities coordinator. Staff members have quality time with the residents, which include games – music – one to one’s – sing a longs – walks – craft activities shopping trips out and popular trips to the zoo.
2. Individual Personal Care
- After your initial assessment, senior staff discuss with you your needs and preferences.
- This information will be used to create your plan of care, which is regularly reassessed to make sure that your needs are being met and you’re receiving the best possible care and attention.
3. Community Involvement and Activities
- We go to great lengths to provide exciting and mentally-stimulating activities for our residents on a regular basis. We organise a variety of day trips as well as other events around the community.
- We also cater to all cultural & religious beliefs and are happy to take residents to services in the local community.
- We feel that it’s essential to make sure that residents are mentally stimulated and have things to look forward to.